Thursday, December 9, 2010

Week 13: Tradewinds at Smuggler's Cove

Lemon, coconut cream, apricot liqueur, dark Jamaican rum, silver Demerara rum.
Smuggler's Cove is an oasis hidden behind tinted windows on a consistently traffic-filled portion of Gough street.  Once through the front door, customers will find themselves transported to a tiki haven.  Their menu includes countless cocktails from bygone eras and exotic regions of the world.  Every time I order a cocktail at Smuggler's Cove, it's hard not to smile as I'm presented with an art-like masterpiece complete with an umbrella, orchids, or even a flaming inferno (depending on the drink). This week's cocktail, the Tradewinds, is a superb blend of tropical flavors completing the vacation-like experience one can expect at Smuggler's Cove.  Closing my tab felt like checking out of a resort while on vacation; I knew my vacation was over and the realities of life awaited me.

No comments:

Post a Comment